Sea Kayak Lessons & Certification - Lund, BC
Do you have the feeling that you should take a lesson? Well listen to that feeling… it’s a good idea! There is way more to sea kayaking than meets the eye! We want you to develop good habits, understand the risks and gain the knowledge you need to safely enjoy sea kayaking your entire life.
Our kayak instructors are professional educators with years of worldwide experience. We are known regionally for our dedication and expertise in outdoor skill certification and skills instruction. Able to work with people of all ages and most physical abilities, we take pride in providing excellence in our service.
Our lessons combine practical on-water experiences with solid theory on land to give you the tools you that you need. It doesn’t mater if you are brand new to paddling or looking to refine your skills and perhaps get certified, our instructors and lessons are the right choice for you.
$98 per person + 5% GST. Minimum 4 people required.
As the name suggests this is the must have information to get you started. Ideal for those embarking on day trips, or easy short overnights, who are looking for the essential paddling skills to get them out there safely. It is also ideal for those with prior marine environment knowledge (an understanding of weather, tides, currents, charts).
Learn About and Gain Confidences in:
- Boat design and construction
- Required Coast Guard safety equipment plus additional must haves
- The origins of sea kayaking including fascinating tales of early paddlers
- Develpping good paddling posture for an effective stroke
- Efficient manoeuvering strokes
- Stability and edging
- Paddle design and how to pick the right one for you
- Flexibility and core strengthening exercises
- Safe launching and landing of your kayak
- Completing a calm wet exist (tipping)
- Recovering yourself or someone else in the event of a capsize
Intro to Sea Kayaking: Comprehensive (8 Hours)
$165 per person + 5% GST. Minimum 4 people required.
This is the lesson for those who have little prior knowledge of the marine environment, who are wanting to do a multiday trip, and have little to no experience paddling and are wanting to be able to make good sound decisions AND learn the foundations of strong paddling skills.
Skills covered include all of the above plus:
- Group management and decision making
- How to prevent poor performance through proper planning
- Basic seamanship including an overview of chart reading and basic navigation skills
- Introduction to marine weather interpretation
- Effective boat packing for multiday trips
Sea Kayaking 3: Skills Upgrade (3 Hours)
$85 per person + 5% GST. 4 people minimum required.
Here’s an opportunity for you to tell us what you’d like to focus on and for us to offer our skills to improve your paddling technique.
Intro to Sea Kayaking 1: Essential (4 hours) - $98 per person + 5% GST
Intro to Sea Kayaking 2: Comprehensive (8 hours) - $165 per person + 5% GST
Sea Kayaking 3: Skills Upgrade (3 hours) - $85 per person + 5% GST
All programs include kayak, gear, instructor and resource materials.
Want to take these courses as part of an entire program dedicated to Outdoor and Environmental Learning? Click Here to learn more about Coast Mountain Academy, a partnership program run with School District #47, Powell River. BC.
Looking for some customized personal time with one of our instructors? This is the perfect choice for those wanting or needing some extra attention (or for those of you who are a little shy!). Whether you are looking to refine your paddling technique or to complete one of our Outdoor Skills Modules, we have the time for you. Paddlers with special physical needs often take additional time with our Instructors as preparation for further trips.
Book your custom lesson today and make your dream of ultimate paddling freedom a reality! Contact us for details.
Women's Only Lessons – WaveWalkers
Have you got a group of 4 or more female friends interested in learning to paddle or honing your skills? Our women's only program is for you! What a great way to create lasting friendships. Contact us today for details!
Paddle Canada Certification
Terracentric Coastal Adventures Ltd. is pleased to offer certification through these Paddle Canada courses:
- Introduction to Kayaking Skills
- Sea Kayaking Level 1 Skills
- Sea Kayaking Level 2 Skills
- Sea Kayaking Level 3 Skills