CoVID Related Policies and Procedures
CoVID 19 Related Policies & Procedures
Updated January 2021
- All tours and rentals must be pre-booked and prepaid.
- When possible, you will be asked to complete an electronic release form prior to the start of the tour / rental.
- One booking party only per tour on Zodiac boat tours.
At this point in time, a booking party could consist of either a household unit or those with whom you have chosen to bubble with. Exception: 2 parties of 2 persons agree to share the boat, knowing that they will be outdoors, wearing masks and keeping one meter of distance. Max. 4 people.
- Tours available 7 days per week.
- Lunches on day tours are now add-ons for a per person fee. Lunches will be served to you by your guide, wearing a mask and gloves for your protection. No self-service allowed.
- Maximum 6 guests boat tour; maximum 6 guests per kayak tour. Contact us if you have more in your group for a kayak tour.
- Please bring your own face coverings! This is mandatory for our zodiac boat tours as per Transport Canada guidelines and also recommended for certain portions of kayak tours. This must be multilayered mask that covers nose and mouth fully and that can be well secured via ties around the head or loops around the ears or a non – surgical mask.
- Staggered tour and rentals start times to avoid having different booking parties congregating in the same area at the same time. Your confirmation letter and/or follow up email or phone call will confirm your start time.
- Guests will need to sign an additional release form acknowledging their state of health upon arrival at our premises, as well as a release relating to the risks related to CoVID and our duty of care for you, our guests.
- Increased use of doubles on kayak tours to reduce risks of capsize and therefore reduce the risks of not maintaining social distance in a rescue situation.
- Cleaning & disinfection of all high touch surfaces multiple times / day, using a hydrogen peroxide solution. This applies to our office setting, to our kayak equipment and Zodiac vessel.
- Staff and guests are required to wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival at work / premises and prior to any interaction with others and after an interaction where shared items are touched (pens / clipboards etc.)
- All soft and hard kayak related gear & equipment is washed in soapy water and left out to dry. Hard equipment is disinfected with hydrogen peroxide spray and left to dry. All PFD’s will be fully dried prior to the next use. All equipment is stored outdoors, in open sided covered sheds for maximum air flow and ventilation.
- In office access is limited to one person at a time and physical barriers are in place to ensure social distance.
- All employees must do a daily self-check prior to arrival at work and must stay home if they have any signs or symptoms related to CoVID 19. They must have a CoVID test prior to returning to work.
- A CoVID related cancellation policy has been implemented whereby for tours and rentals any cancellations made 6 days or less in advance of your booking that are related to personal illness due to CoVID, contact with someone with CoVID or changes in travel allowances will result in a full refund or credit given, less an $35 administrative fee.
Lund Harbour House Suite
- There will be no same day check in and check out’s in 2021. Meaning the suite will sit unused for 28 hours prior to a new party entering the suite.
- Soft surfaces are steam cleaned between visits and all dishware and cutlery are sanitized between visits.
- We will not be entering the suite during your stay. Any items needed will be left outside of the main door. Please ensure you have booked the correct number of persons for your stay so that we can set up the second bed, put out enough towels and supplies.
- We use hydrogen peroxide-based cleaners for all counters and high touch surface areas.
- Our guests are asked to inform us if they have had visitors to the suite and must give us the name and phone number of those who visited for contact tracing purposes.
- Our staff are wearing a mask and gloves while cleaning in the suite.